Once you learn to make ravioli, you realize you’ve just discovered a whole new culinary world. You could make a different kind each day for quite some years and you still wouldn’t run out of recipes. Here’s one we made recently and tastes amazing. You can serve the ravioli with a rich tomato sauce, or just some olive oil, chillies and parmesan cheese. The beans give the stuffing a nice, creamy texture. To make this recipe, just prepare the dough as described here and then make the stuffing (while the dough is resting).
- 300g minced pork
- 1 small can of white beans
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the oil and sauté the onion until translucent (5 minutes). add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds than add the pork. Brown the pork evenly.
2. Drain the beans (reserve some of the liquid in case you’ll need it) and add them to the meat. Cook on medium heat for 5 more minutes. While cooking, mix well and squish the beans with the spatula, until you get a kind of a mash. If the mixtures gets a bit too dry and starts to burn while cooking, add a bit of the reserved liquid from the beans, however, the mixture has to be quite dry when cooked (no visible liquid anywhere)
3. Add the herbs. Transfer the mixture to a wide bowl so it cools faster.
4. Make the ravioli.